maanantai 28. huhtikuuta 2008

Crete



S
unset in Iraklion...




View from my hotel in Iraklion. Actually I also saw
sea from balcony but this was also kind of refreshing
view because this next building was a squat!!



Port of Iraklion. Locals said that Iraklio is a city that has turned
its back to sea.



...as you can see!! No beaches here. But for a finnlander who hasn't
travelled much this was quite exotic anyhow.



I met also some local students. Thanks for Raki and GOOD company,
Jim, Bembo, Panos, Toni, Marlena, Stelios and rest!! I most certainly
will be back at Crete!



Oh yes!! (I didn't do this!!)



I guess these were death-notices they put in lamp-posts.
I wonder what killed this guy...



There were lots of cretans in Iraklion since it
was eastern. But very few tourists. And in this
one week only finnish people I saw were in aeroplane.
Great succeeeesss!!!







On second day I went to Knossos. Somehow present
was (and IS) much more interesting than past. I can visit
Archeological museum next time. But it was interesting
to find out that archeologists and historians really don't
know so much about minoan culture. So I can "invent" all
ancient mysteries I need!!



Soon I left Iraklion for Plakias. This was
from Rethymno where I changed bus. Too much
tourist hassle there for me!!



Bus trip to Plakias was really green.
I put a very peaceful video of this to youtube:

Going Up Plakias Yes Yes



I got of the bus and found paradise!



Plakias Youth Hostel.



Going to One Rock Beach..







I was only seven days at Crete but somehow
I found my second home there. Especially in Plakias.
So I have to organize my life so I can get there
on springs and autumns. So different mentality than
here in Finland...



In past women used to pour Raki for men in these troughs...



On a way to mountains...
And there were quite many of them!!





Looking towards Africa...



...and finally back to stressfull urban
city-life here in Helsinki, Finland.
(Damn, I really should have stayed longer in Plakias!!)

Ei kommentteja: